Better future for the youth in the Western Balkans
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, from 9:30 to 13:00
European Parliament, room P4B001, Brussels
A conference hosted by MEP Franc Bogovič and MEP Tanja Fajon
Following the idea born in the framework of the Berlin process to improve the perspective of young generations in the Western Balkans, and Slovenia?s commitment to be a front runner in this field ? which was cemented with the adoption of the Positive Agenda for the Youth in the Western Balkans at Brdo-Brijuni process summit last spring ?, we are organizing a conference on the topic of the youth in the Western Balkans in the European Parliament. The aim of this conference is to give additional push to this topic ahead of the next Berlin process summit in Paris in July as well as to help improve the prospects of young people in the region by emphasizing the importance of the European perspective.
9:30 ? 10:00 Gathering over coffee and informal exchange of views
10:00 ? 10:20 Keynote Speech – Mrs Corina Cretu, EU Commissioner for Regional Policy
10:20 ? 11:35 1. Panel: Positive Agenda for the Youth: a positive step in the right direction?
Moderators: MEP Tanja Fajon and MEP Franc Bogovič
- Maja Makovec Brenčič, Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia
- Mr Blendi Klosi, Minister of Youth and Social Welfare of the Republic of Albania
- Mrs Darja Bavdaž Kuret, State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
- Mrs Tanja Miščević, Head of the Negotiation Team for Serbia?s accession to the EU
11:35 ? 12:50 2. Panel: Balkan youth bloom for brighter future of the region
Moderator: Mr Peter Grk, Slovenian national coordinator for the Western Balkans
- Mr Muharem Bazdulj, Writer and journalist from Bosnia and Herzegovina, residing in Serbia
- Mr Ardian Hackaj, Director Shtetiweb portal, Cooperation & Development Institute, Albania
- Mr Milan Petrović, President of Serbian Association of Managers (SAM), Serbia
- Mr Maciej Popowski, Deputy Director-General for Neighbourhood & Enlargement Negotations at the European Commission in Brussels
- Ms Zorica Stamenkovska, Macedonian Agency for Youth and Sports; representative of the Regional Youth Cooperation Office, Macedonia
- Mr Janez Škulj, chairperson of the governing board of MOVIT ? Institute for the development of youth mobility, Slovenia
12:50 ? 13:00 Closing remarks by MEP Tanja Fajon and MEP Franc Bogovič
We kindly ask you to confirm your participation by filling in the following Registration form: http://goo.gl/forms/coFt0HZc5oRVSCr43.
MEP Tanja Fajon and MEP Franc Bogovič